His clothes went up in flames but he managed to get to the bathroom and put them out in the shower A blind Pennsylvania man has died after accidentally setting his clothes on fire while trying to warm a towel in a microwave oven. James Shaffer, 68, told investigators he was warming the towel to put it on his sore leg Tuesday evening in Stonycreek Township.
Daily Mail, Thu, Jan 15 2015 @ 03:43 PM
Attempted criminal homicide charges have been filed against a former inmate at SCI-Coal Township who allegedly sliced a correctional officer's neck with a razor-like weapon last August. William Amos Cramer, 23, who is serving a life sentence for murdering his cellmate in Cambria County Prison in August 2012, now faces charges of criminal attempt to commit homicide, two counts of aggravated assault, assault by a life prisoner, possessing instruments of crime and possessing an offensive weapon relating to an Aug. 31 assault of Correctional Officer Francisco Charriez in the east yard at SCI-Coal Township.
The News Item, Tue, Jan 13 2015 @ 04:38 AM